Friday, October 17, 2008

Exchange Rate and eagles!

I just changed $100 dollars into som, and the exchange rate is now 37.7! When I first got here, it was 35.5, so I'm getting a lot more som for the same amount of dollars!! Yippee!

Tonight right after work, 8 of us are getting into 2 taxis and driving to Bokonbaevo, a village on the South shore of Lake Issyk-Kul for the eagle festival! Depending on the weather, we'll also go on our own eagle hunt Sunday, but we'll wait and decide on that until we get there. So exciting! We'll be back sometime on Sunday.

I found out today that I'll have the same classes next month, which is great because I like having higher levels, and I really enjoy all of my students. I also will have morning class again, which I actually enjoy because it means I get out of bed and do things, rather than lying around until 14:25, which is probably what I'd do if I had no morning engagements. Teaching high levels means that we get to do a lot of speaking, and I don't have to teach grammar! It's fun :)

I'll write again when I'm back from Bokonbaevo! Happy weekend.

No comments: