I was going to post my first set of pictures, but the internet here is too slow. Maybe tomorrow!
I learned that the heating is not connected with the electricity. Instead, hot water runs through and heats the pipes/radiator, so that when we have blackouts in the winter I won't freeze.
Also, it's interesting that a lot of the cars here have the steering wheels on the right side. Since cars drive on the right, it must make things a little bit more confusing.
I went out to dinner last night with some of the teachers- we went to a Kyrgyz place called Jalalabad. We sat at one of those tables where you take your shoes off and sit cross-legged. We all had plov, which is one of the national dishes here. It's rice with grated carrots and peppers, topped with meat. It was pretty good!
I slept through the whole night last night! I'm trekking downtown today to mail a letter to Aissa, and then I'm observing my first class tonight so see how the other teachers run things.
No comments:
Post a Comment