



They are pretty cool, right? Crocheted pears, knit watermelon, really unique! They even have real pear and watermelon seeds handsewn on to add to the authenticity. However, you will be amazed when you hear the price- for the pears, $150, for the watermelon, $120. SERIOUSLY? Neither scarf is very intricate and a high beginning knitter or crocheter could make them. I don't know anyone who would pay that much for a scarf, but the pear one is sold out so someone found it reasonably priced! Seeing how much money knitters can make for fairly simple things made me see that I have a money-making skill I hadn't realized before.
There's a website, etsy.com, where crafters sell their homemade items, so my plan for the next months is to figure out how registration and all that works and to start making money knitting too. My speciality for now seems animal-themed hats... your choice of color and animal and you'll get a personal, one-of-a-kind fashion statement! $50, any takers?!?
(Just kidding, that is ridiculous, I would think that $15 or so is reasonable... how much do you think people would pay?)
5 comments:
you could totally sell them for more than $15! look at this shop in istanbul, and how expensive stuff on etsy is: http://www.etsy.com/shop/afra
I'd feel like I was ripping them off though! The yarn is like 2 TL, a few colors MAX 6 TL... I'm just too good for my own good, and probably a horrible businesswoman.
yes, don't be a horrible businesswoman, sell the things for at least 25$!! It is a great idea and your hats are so cute
you could totally get $30 easily for an awesome hat like that! Check out this one for $45 and it's not nearly as cute as yours. http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=39084339&ref=fp_feat_2
or you could charge $100! Apparently people will pay that kind of money, haha.
Post a Comment