Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Anna's Decade of Travels

One of our Polish couchsurfers has a great map posted on facebook showing all his travels of 2009, complete with arrows from Poland color-coded to show whether he travelled by plane, bus, train, or hitch-hiking. I was inspired by his map and decided to make my own version. I documented all the countries I've visited in the 2000-2009 decade and color-coded them by which year I first visited that country. I feel like I've seen a lot of places but looking at all the white staring off the map it proves that I have a long way to go before I can really call myself a world traveller!

(By Mike's request/demand I didn't include any country that I only travelled through (Serbia/Croatia by train in 2006), and country I had a layover in (Budapest Hungary, Paris France) or any country I flew over/saw from the air (Greenland) :)



(click on the map to see it bigger in all its glory)

No comments: