Nothing too much is new since I last posted. Mike and I got tattoos last weekend though, which I'm sure most of you know from facebook. We heard about the tattoo place from Mike's students and decided to check it out. Mike wanted to add to his collection of 4 tattoos, and I wanted to get one for the first time. It seems shady to most foreigners to even imagine having a tattoo done in Kyrgyzstan, but the salon was really clean and hygienic, and the woman was Russian, not Kyrgyz, which made us feel a lot better (not to sound too blatantly racist against Kyrgyz people, but...) So we made an appointment and went back the next day. Mike got a tunduk from the top of a yurt and also featured on the Kyrgyz flag, and I got a little pig. (you can see it here, the outline on the right:
This is what the finished tattoo looks like! The woman offered to fill it in with neon orange color for free, so of course I said yes. When the tattoo heals completely, the orange will fade and it will only be visible under blacklight, which will look so cute when we go to nightclubs :)
There is so little to do in Bishkek in winter that Mike and I are saving 450$ per month each, which is great because travelling the Pamir Highway will be SO expensive.
New classes start tomorrow, and it means we only have 3 teaching months left! We're working on getting visas now for Central Asia- there's a tour agency here in Bishkek that will do Uzbek and Tajik, and we are hoping we can get Azeri and Turkmen visas in Dushanbe (Tajikistan). We're still working out the details of our trip. AND now we're again thinking about going to Istanbul instead of Thailand, because one of the new Russian students just came from teaching in Turkey, and has many contacts she can give us. So hopefully we'll get a job out of it!
No comments:
Post a Comment