Saturday, January 17, 2009

Silver lining

It's not all bad here in Kyrgyzstan! My cold is getting better and my mood is improving.

The exchange rate is now over 40 som to the dollar- that means that now every month, I am making 4000 som more than I was at the beginning of my contract... so that's 100$ more every month! Woot! I'm RICH :)

Mike and I are starting ballroom dancing today! We were going to last week, but we were just too lazy... but this week I don't feel as ill as I was, so we're meeting up with one of my students and she's taking us there. We'll see how it goes!

Tonight is our friend Chris's birthday, so we're going to Promzona, a rock club a ways out of town to celebrate. We haven't had a night out yet in 2009, so it's high time we have some fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd hoped you would feel better about ky-stan once you felt better physically! Hope you enjoyed dancing. And practiced your counting in Russian (adeen, dva, tree; adeen, dva, tree. . .). Luv,mom